Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

OpenFree IRC Channel - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OpenFree IRC Channel

A channel can be set up at freenode for example. I forgot the whole routine, but I think its easy to register a cahnnel and keep a bot in there to op certain people and keep the channel up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

humm...i'll look into it. does hosting a channel need a lot of bandwidth?

Quote Originally Posted by jro
    What happened on the LJR IRC channel? It stagnate into oblivion?
    No, it got taken over by idiots, a huge power struggle came off it. During which bad things where said about long time members like me for trying to make the IRC channel work again.

Then it split into three seperate channels and nobody used it except me and one other member really.

However before all that, it was a pretty nice channel.

* feel free to join me in #OpenFree.org on Freenode *
    Last edited by Lovechild; 03-04-2006 at 09:49 AM.
    Why are you not using Fedora Core?

I didn't see this thread before I posted my own. I run an IRC server on a smaller IRC network and offered for OpenFree to set up a channel there. I'd also provide a php wrapper script for pjIRC so people can just click a link if they don't have access to (or don't want to install) a full blown IRC client.

Total power trip. Think that was the last time I came here actually.... Anyways, I hope those people are gone by now, and you all can have an IRC channel again.

Good Guru
    I don't think it's a matter of getting/having IRC channel ... it's just a matter of making it useful and populated ....

- The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Been looking for you guys all over freenode, but no luck. I guess you are moving to the new one? Either way, I'll be there, and not idle.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

Good Guru
    Well keep the place full of hookers and beer and we may be onto something.

Whoever had Jenny, fire her up!

Well, I'm sitting idle at #openfree on irc.freenode.net . I tried TigerDragon's irc server/channel, but looks like it went stagnent.