Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
New PET: Linux VM in Practice

Thread: New PET: Linux VM in Practice

New PET: Linux VM in Practice

I have been working on this for some time, I guess a little over a month. My target audience are folks who have some UNIX experience, but not necessarily in-depth Linux familiarity. The most common things I hear regarding memory usage are
    The XX application crashed with a memory error, and I see the server has only yy megabytes of RAM free when i look at top. The server is out of RAM
    and
    the application is performing poorly. I see that there are only xx MB of RAM free. We have to reboot
    This PET is my attempt at addressing the free RAM in Linux misconception, in a way that does'nt get too deep into Linux internals. The folks who complain about the "free RAM problem" will have neither the time, nor desire to delve that deep.

Any comments, corrections, bitching, 6 packs of Sam are welcome.

Linux VM in Practice
    Last edited by Outlaw; 03-10-2006 at 02:13 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.