Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Wiki / PETs Logins - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiki / PETs Logins

Thats the same error I get Outlaw 'cept s/Outlaw/Jro/
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

I'll be looking at this in more detail this weekend. I should have an update in the next couple of days.

If you have trouble logging in, I will delete your wiki accounts so you'll be able to log back in. Once you can log in, please don't do any additional experimentation from other computers till I get back to you here. That way the PET updates should be able to limp along over the weekend.

I have already re-deleted the accounts for Outlaw, pbharris, Compunuts, and Ashcrow.

Good Guru
    Got it working (again).

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

How did you get it to work? I still get the no user by name Outlaw

Advisor
    I can't login either...
    Don't worry Ma'am. We're university students, - We know what We're doing.
    'Ruiat coelum, fiat voluntas tua.'
    Datalogi - en livsstil; Intet liv, ingen stil.

I think I found the problem.
    • Members > 100 posts get avatar privileges
    • This is done by transferring such users into a new primary user group "avatars", with registered user privileges, plus avatar upload privileges
    • The Wiki authentication script only likes the "registered" user group as the primary group.
    • So logins were working for people with under 100 posts (like the test user account)
    • The wiki was created before avatars were introduced, so everyone at that time who logged in was part of the primary "registered" user group.
    • I have modified the promotion of members to be assigned to the "avatars" group as a secondary, not primary group. I think users with > 100 posts who could successfully log in were relying on cached cookies from before the avatar add-on.
    • Wiki password recovery really doesn't work. The Wiki to vBulletin authentication plugin always checks the vbulletin DB for login credentials. I have removed the wiki password recovery button from the login page.
    • LoveChild was correct. Instructions on how to log in are not easily located. I have added instructions to the Wiki login page that should make it clear.
    Please let me know if this now works for you.

Advisor
    Yep, now everything works as planed
    Don't worry Ma'am. We're university students, - We know what We're doing.
    'Ruiat coelum, fiat voluntas tua.'
    Datalogi - en livsstil; Intet liv, ingen stil.

Ok, works now!!