Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Wine & IE

Thread: Wine & IE

Hybrid View

Wine & IE

I installed Wine and would like to use Internet Explorer, but what I downloaded for IE was ie6setup.exe. Anybody know if this can work with wine and what about the other dependencies IE needs?

Thnx.
    Microsoft aims to 'borg' Yahoo in $44.6 Billion deal
    "We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile"

Check this link.
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Thnx trickster. My copy of wine didn't create that config file the article mention. Can I just create it with the sections it states? Right now I'm using Simply Mepis with wine.

Well, I tried running it after creating the config file and keep getting this error message:

wine: cannot find '--dll'
    Wine failed with return code 1

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thnx.
    Last edited by GhostDawg; 02-20-2006 at 01:44 PM.

Well after searchinig around, I installed winetools and that seems to have fixed it and got it working. Bad side is it installed Outlook Express and Windows Media player also.

If anybody want to use wine, try winetools first, I believe it should install and offer to install IE, some fonts and few other stuff it will need. Nice program.

Thnx.

Very nice cga, thanks for the link. This helps in web development as there are still a good 80% of internet users 'surfing under the influence', as I like to call it.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7