Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Wireless Network

Thread: Wireless Network

Hybrid View

Wireless Network

hi to all,

im a newbie in Linux OS and im eager to learn and explore on it.,here's my story for the past month...i installed Mandrake10 one PC in my office, so far i haven't encounter any problems during the installation process and i install it successfully. And now big problem is on how to configure my wireless NIC so that i can access to the internet (where using wireless connection in the office) and communicate other PC., here's my setup:

1 - internet server (win2kserv), im using ICS with Access Point (act like switch).
    5 - workstation running winxp with wireless NIC (D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G+ DWL-G520+ driver)

*Note: everything are running smooth...no problem with the network and internet connection.

Q: How to configure my 1 PC running Mandrake10 to communicate with others PC and can able to access the internet? I try to download the installer of wireless NIC (D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G+ DWL-G520+ driver) of course under the Mandrake10 OS but i haven't see it...

i try the NDISWRAPPER and MADWIFI and follow the instructions...but still i was not able to success....when i try to extract...THERE'S AN ERROR: THE KERNELL SOURCE IS NOT FOUND....OR NOT ON THE PATH.....blaahhhh-blahh
    now my question is where should i found the kernell source...and how to install it...is that included on Mandrake10 CD's?

Re: Wireless Network

please post the exact error message .... although i havent set-up mine yet .. maybe somebody can help us out
    Registered Linux User # 279330

Re: Wireless Network

Quote Originally Posted by BadDudes
    please post the exact error message .... although i havent set-up mine yet .. maybe somebody can help us out
    i know if someone can read my post, they will ask me to post the exact error.........but so sad coz i re-format the HDD and install back to windows..dont have a time to intall back the Mandrake for this month...so busy.....i will try to install it again by next year (january)...and promise i will post the message error.......

or someone could help me to find the drivers of the wireless NIC (D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G+ DWL-G520+ driver) under Mandrake10 OS...if i have the driver i guess the can configure it successfully...

thnks