Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

how to make an email server

Thread: how to make an email server

how to make an email server

hi! does anybody help me how to make an email server.. and what type of linux is easy and stable OS? if do u have a info about this please share your knowledge.. thanks

Re: how to make an email server

How depends on what. What e-mail server do you want to run?

Here is a pretty thorough guide to installing qmail:

http://www.qmailrocks.org/
    To err is human, to moo bovine.

yeah tnx Mr. Vern im glad you share what is your knowledge bout linux. by the way vern i have a mandriva 2006 that i was download lately but it makes me hard coz the video card doesnt work. my problem is how and what is the command to configure in shell prompt? pls help..

try configuring your graphics card using xf86config in the console and get the newest drivers, either at ATI's or NVidia's website.

good luck!

Perhaps you could also try posting any errors here.

tnx the two of you.. ill post what is the error was that. by the way i have a plan to make an email server but i read it wisely then i really confused coz it mentioned the two kinds of email name the " POSTFIX and QMAIL" which ones is really great and easy to configure for just a newbies like me.

qmailrocks only deals with qmail. Click on the links to your distro on the right side to get you started.

were still using the old, the ugly and quite stable sendmail! no problem so far since 1999!
    Registered Linux User # 279330

If it works, why break it right?