Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Greek Keyboard (with Spiritusses)

Thread: Greek Keyboard (with Spiritusses)

Greek Keyboard (with Spiritusses)

Hello

I study G(r)eek words for school, but I'm a little tired of the flashcard thing. I already study English/French/Latin('Roman&#039/German words using KVocTrain, but I don't know how to get spiritusses on my greek letters.
    Look:

εις - means one
    εις - means in(to), to

You would say they are the same, but you pronounce them differently, so they aren't. To make this clear people use ,'s and `'s on their letters. How do I do this in KDE/GNOME (I prefer KDE, but GNOME is fine).

Help is appreciated
    Aljosha

Re:Greek Keyboard (with Spiritusses)

I would buy some transparent greek stick on letters for the keyboard and just switch the layout.

Something like this:
    http://www.latkey.com/keyboard_stickers.asp?SubCat=9

link.

I did this to get spanish characters:

˝┐Đ etc.

[quote author=trickster link=board=1;threadid=10799;start=0#msg96885 date=1131811064]
    link.

I did this to get spanish characters:

˝┐Đ etc.
    [/quote]

Awesome. Thanks Trickster. I am learning spanish at school and I used some other methods to copy some of the spanish characters, etc. This will help! karma++.

Let me know if you want me to post my .xmodmaprc file

Good Guru

I would imagine that it depends on the language. I have a suspicion that a few may be easier to buy a native keyboard and just change the keyboard type for X.

Kind Mastermind

Are you studying ancient (classical) Greek or modern? Modern is well supported but I'm not so certain about classical. I might have to look into that. I want to study classical Greek and Hebrew and would much rather type natively. I think I'm going to have to look into it.

Cheers

I study ancient Greek.
    Modern Greek doesn't have Spiritusses

This is what I used to set up the spanish characters.