Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
should the philippines schools and universities migrate to linux?

Thread: should the philippines schools and universities migrate to linux?

Associate

should the philippines schools and universities migrate to linux?

(im not sure if this is the right forum for this topic having a universal/international audience. since this is targetted specifically for us who lives in a third world country, like the philippines. mods can delete this is if it is inappropriate )

given the high cost of ms software and solutions vs the availability of jobs after a student graduates from college. should philippine universities migrate to linux?

Re: should the philippines schools and universities migrate to linux?

I am not sure this is the right thing to do. I am not sure if the Philippine government has the will power to make such a move. What I am sure of is that it is possible. Brazil for example is a great example of what might have been if the Philippine government supports open-source and accepts it with open arms. Sadly, I don't think the government has the CAPABILITY to carry out such a change. I don't think the people who make the actual decisions really understand open source culture and why people would give out software for free. Before anything happens, they must be educated.
    To err is human, to moo bovine.