Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What's your Linux? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's your Linux?

Debian Lenny for some servers, FreeBSD for the others, OpenBSD for embedded devices (Firewall, IDS), OS X for my main computer.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Also, started running Backtrack Linux on VMWare. Great distro for security enthusiasts/professionals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advisor
    Back in the day, when RH 4.1 came out I was hooked on RH, I even fetched the complete source for it, and compiled it uptimized every package to my system, but as the demand for ease of maintenance mattered more and more, and RH 7.2 came out (shudder) I switched to debian sytems, on my servers tho I'm a sworn OpenBSD/FreeBSD user.
    Don't worry Ma'am. We're university students, - We know what We're doing.
    'Ruiat coelum, fiat voluntas tua.'
    Datalogi - en livsstil; Intet liv, ingen stil.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Back in the day, when RH 4.1 came out I was hooked on RH, I even fetched the complete source for it, and compiled it uptimized every package to my system, but as the demand for ease of maintenance mattered more and more, and RH 7.2 came out (shudder) I switched to debian sytems, on my servers tho I'm a sworn OpenBSD/FreeBSD user.
    I'm not sure if you remember me started with Debian potato, when I joined in here, and lurked on IRC. You told me to go with RH on IRC, and stuck with Debian just because I wanted to learn everything I could. I remember you saying, and I quote, "Starting with Debian is like throwing a baby off an airplane without a parachute".

Advisor
    Yeah I remember KK, but back then the release cykle of debian was a pain, I also had potato on my laptop at the time, but it was just to see what it was like.
    I remember you saying, and I quote, "Starting with Debian is like throwing a baby off an airplane without a parachute".
    Sorry, I can't confirm this quote, perhaps my mind decides to forget or it would have been Schotty
    Don't worry Ma'am. We're university students, - We know what We're doing.
    'Ruiat coelum, fiat voluntas tua.'
    Datalogi - en livsstil; Intet liv, ingen stil.

It was you or Ender.