Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your Linux?

Linux Mint 8 (x64 version, I have 8gb RAM)
    My Website: http://ttgale.com
    My Website Uptime: http://img.uptimeprj.com/holastickbo...dee9bae2e2.png
    My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Only Linux I am running currently is Ubuntu Server 8.04.3 currently. I have been meaning to give Sabayon a try on the desktop, I used to use Gentoo, but I just don't have the time to tinker like I used to.. ;-(
    jro - http://jeff.robbins.ws
    Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Slackware

CentOS 5.4 x86_64 with kvm.

I'm using :

CentOS release 5.4 (Final) for commercial use
    Slackware 13.0 for router or server

I started with slackware back in the very early 90s - and later on redhat followed by fedora for my workstation. Then debian on the server for a lightweight linux implementation on my virtual private server.

Good Guru
    Hello Chandirika, welcome.

And for those that don't know me (or forgot), I am the resident Red Hat pimp. RHEL/CentOS for servers & workstations, Fedora for all else. Although F12 did annoy me with getting Crossover 8.xxx to work on release day. Lost out on some DDO action, but oh well.

I do have a eeePC that has Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 on it, and its running swimmingly smooth. thobped, I also grew up so to say on Slack. Started it all on Slack 3.

Kind Mastermind
    I, too, started out with Slackware, turned to Mandrake, then back to Slack, then to Debian, then Slack (again), then onto Ubuntu (with several in between that I've forgotten). I don't currently run Linux, due to the wonky GMA500 chip that my Dell Mini-10 uses. I'm thinking about upgrading the computer soon as I have managed to spill vinegar on the keyboard and now it doesn't work (the keyboard, that is).

Since I've been looking at what it takes to replace the keyboard, I've found out that Dell has made several different versions of the Dell Mini 1010 (same basic specs, just different execution). If my computer has a replaceable daughter board, then I might try to increase the RAM from 1 gig to 2. That might make Ubuntu run smoother. Otherwise, I'm going to put all my pennies together and buy an Apple 13" MacBook. I really love the compact nature of the Mini-10, so that one is the one that I'd rather have/use. But, the 13" MacBook is mighty tiny and very packed with features. We'll see what path I take.

Cheers
    The one serious conviction that a man should have is that nothing is to be taken too seriously.
    Where facts are few, experts are many.

Fedora 13 is my OS of choice. Also play around with the likes of CentOS, Ubuntu and Debian.

Im using RHEL 5.1 & Fedora 12.