Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

A Tale of 2 Wireless Routers

Thread: A Tale of 2 Wireless Routers

A Tale of 2 Wireless Routers

is there a way to connect 2 wireless routers together in such a way that the uplink is established over the air?

Re:A Tale of 2 Wireless Routers

Check their documentation, you should be able to.

Good Guru

What exactly are you trying to do? Expend the network like chain-linking it?

yes, i have one wireless router in the basement that sits next to my cable router, and I want to uplink to another wireless router in the living room over the air.

i think i can do it by bridging over the air....i heard theres a linux IOS for linksys routers that allow this

Good Guru

Put the second wireless router in the range of the first (I guess you will have to test where the range limit is and where to place as far as physically location is concerned), then configure the second router's WAN port to use IP from the first router's LAN. Wouldn't that make it chain like situration? If you subnet the two, it would be ideal (with different range of IPs)

This might be what you are referring to.