Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Qemu and Knoppix question

Thread: Qemu and Knoppix question

Qemu and Knoppix question

I am trying to use Knoppix 3.8 directly from my hard drive but I am having some issues. First I unpacked the ISO to my hard drive so all the files are there and readable. Here is the bat file that I am trying to use to run the KNOPPIX image file:

Code:
    start qemu.exe -L . -m 1024 -cdrom \\.\c:\Knoppix\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX -hda \\.\c: -hdachs 14070,16,63 -user-net -enable-audio -localtime
    The knoppix image file is located at c:\Knoppix\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX, this is essentially the bat file that came with the CDROM with some modifications to run off the hard drive. When I run the bat file I get this error:

Code:
    Boot from Hard Disk 0 failed
    FATAL: Could not read the boot disk
    It almost sounds like qemu doesn't have permission to read the image file. But I have set it to be the most liberal permissions I know how to on Windows. I am not sure what to do from here, any one have any ideas? Suggestions I could try?

Let me know if you need more information.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Mentor
    3.8 or 3.8.1?

3.8 the version CeBit version
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

Mentor
    Never tried that, did ya go to the Knoppix forums?

I can't seem to log on to linuxfoo at the moment. But someone wants to know how to run knoppix-for-windows from hard disk.

To do this, copy the 'iso' file to disk . Then also copy the contents of the qemu* directory to disk. Then in the 'bat' file in the qemu* directory, there is a line (commented out) showing how to make qemu 'boot' an iso file.

This works.

Now all I need is someone to make one of these into a screen saver. 'Leave your windows alone for a couple of minutes, it boots Linux'

Chris