Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members!

Welcome cateblack.
    A good distro for beginners is Linux Mint as it has Envy which runs from the GUI and requires two clicks to install either ATI or Nvidia graphics drivers.
    It includes all codecs for sound, DVD etc.

It can be downloaded from here and can be run as a live CD, so you can try it out before you install it.

http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2843
    Last edited by trackrat; 06-25-2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Linux Rocks

New member, have been looking around the internet for a while and landed with Simply Mepis. Removed Windows XP and installed Mepis. Best move I ever made in my computing life. (goes back to DOS 2.11, dual floppy machines!!) Will continue to search the site.

From Dilip

Hi I am working in a Health Care BPO in India.

I have installed Windows XP at my home PC. I also installed the OpenSuSe10.2. But I want to add one more linux like Ubuntu. Out of 20GB HDD, Windows has already occupied 6GB. When I installed the Suse and it occupied the remaining 12GB. But I want to know, how to install one more OS (Ubuntu 6) without affecting the already existing OSs.

I don't know how to partition my HDD according to above specification. Could someone help me, please.

--Dilip

Smile Hi Folks

Thanks for being a group

Good Afternoon sir

Sir,
    I am a faculty in Linux in Jetking Infotrain LTD Hope you all member are help me out regarding my problem in linux.

Bye Bye.
    Last edited by supratikmallick; 07-05-2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: some thing mising

Good Afternoon Sir

I am a faculty in Linux in Jetking Infotrain LTD. Hope you all member are help me out regarding my problem in linux.

Bye Bye

Hello all...Good morning everybody!

I am a newbie to Linux forums. I am glad to join here...hope this will help me out in sorting out my problems /questions on Linux; I am sure I will not only post questions but also try to answer some. I am a windows user too.

At last I work as a SQA for a software firm.

-ilan

Dilip, you have XP and SuSE occupied 6 + 12 GB on your system and still you have 2GB free which is enough for a Ubuntu install.
    On your XP go to 'RUN' type diskmgmt.msc and have your free 2GB as a unallocated partition (i.e not a NTFS or windows partition) and now boot the system with ubuntu CD.

-ilan

Just saying heyy!

Def new to this forum. Def not new to Linux or UNIX! Glad to be in the company of kindred souls!

Welcome to the group!