Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Windows xp Access Point Linux Wireless Card
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows xp Access Point Linux Wireless Card

Exclamation Windows xp Access Point Linux Wireless Card

I am a beginner to Linux Suse
    I am trying to create a Client, Server application using Windows XP and Linux Suse
    I have setup a D-link Access Point in Windows and the windows machine is assigned and IP add of 192.168.0.2 and the access point is assigned an IP add of 192.168.0.50
    I am using a NETGEAR Wireless USB adapter in Linux
    My problem now is how do I configure the Linux Box to communicate with the Windows machine wirelessly via the Access Point

What is the specific model of the DLink adapter?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

its a D-Link DWL-7000AP
    Wireless Access Point

Is the USB adapter working/configured?

the usb adpater seems to be working ok when ifconfig is executed I recieve the following;

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
    inet addr:134.83.98.126 Bcast:134.83.98.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
    inet addr:134.83.35.74 Bcast:134.83.35.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
    inet addr:192.168.0.1 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

but when I try to ping the Access Point I recieve Destination Host Unreachable
    or when I try to
    ssh -X 192.168.0.2
    I recieve : connect to host 192.168.0.2 port 22:No route to host

what does this mean and how do I resolve it

I know that there is no fault in the Access Point or the Wireless Card but some routing settings in Linux. How do I correct this problem? Please help

Code:
    route add gw 192.168.0.50
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

how do i do that
    please you have to bear in mind I am a beginner
    can you please give me a step by step guide of changing the gateway

Go to Applications>System>Terminal and select Gnome Terminal or whatever terminal you want.
    A command window will pop up.
    On it, type the command
    Code:
    su -c "route add gw 192.168.0.50"
    You will be prompted for the root password.

i did exactly what you said and typed in the command and this is what i receieved in return;

gw: Unkown host

any ideas to why this might be occuring

Try this:
    su -c "/sbin/route add default gw 192.168.0.150"
    ***FILLER***