Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

smb & rsync help

Thread: smb & rsync help

smb & rsync help

Could somebody give me a few links on the basics of even starting to create a server like this?

I need a basic tutorial on smb, and for rsync.

Mostly just smb, because I'm a newb to these things.
    I tried to find one on the internet, but the tutorials like to jump right into things and into the configurations. I need a sort of, step-by-step tutorials.

Thanks!

Hi,

If you are compiling the application from source, the steps may be the same for all distributions. However, if you are using the applicatioons that come with the distributions (not compiling from scratch) the steps may be different. So what distribution are you going to use?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

At the moment I'm using RPM's.
    FedoraCore4
    It sux, but I have to use FC4 at work... I tell them slackware, but they won't listen.

Here is an rsync howto:
    http://transamrit.net/docs/rsync/

For the smb server, you might want to look at the file server tutorial Peter wrote:
    http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/w...Server_Project
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Thanks man!