Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Firefox Issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox Issue

Firefox Issue

For some reason while at work, I'm having a hard time accessing www.osnews.com on Windows 2000 & Firefox 1.0pr version. It takes a very long time to bring the page up. Most other pages I visit works without problems.

It works fine with IE and at home on my Debian box, I have no problem using Firefox and osnews.com.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Thnx.

Mentor

Re:Firefox Issue

I tested it with the same exact setup and had no problems.

Same here.

I still have the same problem at work. I installed version 1.0 also.

Has anybody experienced this type of problem:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
    rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0

microsoft windows 5.1
    microsoft windows xp professional 2002

I was using firefox then all the sudden I couldnt get
    into my bank account to check the balance. I cant get
    into any screen to pay for an item on line. Some
    sites will not come up at all.

I don't have it but someone I know does. I think maybe spyware and/or virus.

She also said she can't seem to reinstall Firefox and having similar issues with IE and secure sites.

Any ideas? Thnx.

Did she try clearing her cache, temporary internet files, and cookies?

Using one of Microsoft's Operating System? Ad-Aware is your friend.

Kind Mastermind

Might I suggest that the latest anti-virus definitions be downloaded and an exhaustive scanning be conducted. There might be something there that isn't overly malicious, yet. Cassius is also right in suggesting adaware.

Cheers

Thnx. for the suggestions....most are my thoughts also and I will tell her to try them.

[quote author=cassius link=board=25;threadid=9955;start=0#msg91352 date=1103652510]
    Using one of Microsoft's Operating System? Ad-Aware is your friend.
    [/quote]
    Spy-Bot Search & Destroy is also a great friend to have in that situation.