Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

GLO Olympics Ideas

Thread: GLO Olympics Ideas

GLO Olympics Ideas

Aragorn mentioned that he'd be willing to provide prizes for a competion of some sorts. The thread which went off topic to cover this can be found here.

I've decided to move this into this section as it's the announcement section.

My idea was to have a gaming competition. We battle it out in a slew of free open source multiplayer games from as many genres as possible. Whoever ends up with the most points at the end wins. Here's a few games that might work:

Action: Mtp-Target
    Arcade: LBreakout2 and Crack Attack
    Combat Flight Sim: YSFlight (Alternate free while Beta - Targetware)
    First Person Shooter: Cube (Alternate if core files are free - Transfusion)
    Racing: Slune
    Real Time Strategy: Gate 88
    Turn-Based Strategy: The Battle for Wesnoth

I was also thinking. In order to cover the cost of the prizes there might be a one dollar entry fee. Please let me know what you think, and if you have better ideas please post them. We will put all ideas up for a vote and whichever idea remains the most popular will probably be the event.
    AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.8Ghz
    1280MB PC-3200 CAS2.5 RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB AGP
    Western Digital WDC WD2500JB-00FUA0 250GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Seagate ST3200822A 200GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Western Digital WDC WD1200BB-00CAA1 120GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Western Digital WDC WD800BB-00CAA1 80GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Maxtor OneTouch 2HA43R32 1TB 7200 rpm USB 2.0
    D-Link DFE-530TX+ 10/100 NIC
    D-Link DWL-G520 Rev.A
    Debian 5.0r1 Lenny

Re: GLO Olympics Ideas

MTP-Target - Nominated by Babbing - Game Rating(scale(1-5)): 4.5 -Simple, yet challenging and entertaining

Don't worry about the entry fee, I am more than happy to cover the cost of the prizes. I want everyone to have a good time. I hope to see a lot of participation!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Awesome Aragorn!

I tried installing Slune last night, and had to spend all day today in a hair transplant clinic. If anyone else can figure it out, great. I was largly jammed on getting openal4soya to be seen by the game, so good luck.

Cube/Action Cube/Death illustrated (all similiar) should be a go, I highly recommend it as a FPS
    Game Rating: 4 - small quick and fun

Crack-Attack is also very good. A couple notes. First, there are issues with windows - linux client compatibility. I know that the linux clients play nice, so that is good. The latest version also includes a nice little gui, very helpful. Second, we should also consider playing tetris attack over zsnes. This has a couple of advantages. First, the network code is much faster, second, joysticks can be used, and third, the opponents blocks can be seen.

Some food for thought..

-Babbing