Thread: Could we get....

Could we get....

Is it possible to create an RSS feed for the last 10 posts on the forums as well as a feed for the news/articles listed on the front page? It would make my life easier on developing a bot for the #GLO channel that can respond with the site's latest postings when prompted. If not, I understand, and will continue working on an HTML scraper to disect the information I need, but an RSS feed would be so much easier to work with

Re:Could we get....

Yeah, the next version of geeklog will have an rss feed, I will upgrade this weekend.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

cool, thanks...

I've found the "Syndicate Us" link on the front page, but it only gives RSS info for the front page :P

Is there any way we could get an RSS feed of the last 10 posts to the forums as well? I've arleady started working on the XSLT script that converts both Slashdot's RSS feed, and GLO's into a text format my eggdrop will read for displaying the requested feed to the user who requested it. I have a cron job that polls Slashdot and GLO every half hour for a fresh copy of the feed that works already, and the XSLT script already extracts the information I need, just doesn't display it quite right for my eggdrop to make sense of it, yet.

Thanks for putting up a feed for the front page