Just a quick one... I compiled Apache 2 yesterday, with a default set of options (just a straight ./configure --prefix=xxx && make && make install) and it seems that it doesn't use modules. I guess it compiles them into the binary?? In any case, I tried it again, but instead added "--enable-mods-shared=all" to the ./configure, and it seems to compile the modules to be...well... modular. Any ways, it seems that it serves faster this way. To the point... does Apache load these modules on startup (dictated by the httpd.conf) and then unload them if they are not used, or...? Right now, I am running the default (no modules) and this thing is a memory hog. I have been up and running all day, and by running 'free', the machine was using 246 out of 512Mb of RAM. I came back around an hour later and it was using 342Mb. Now, about another hour and a half later, it is using 467Mb. This sounds a little high... Maybe a memory leak? Not that I am saying it is related to Apache, but... I am not yet using swap, but I am sure that be the time the night is over it will start swapping out...