Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Is it free now?

Thread: Is it free now?

Hybrid View

Is it free now?

Does Suse actually have a version you can download now. I still the live eval version, but they also have a version for the i386....did they start to make it freely available for download???

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Re:Is it free now?

I was going to try SuSE but could only find the live eval, not sure if there is a free one floating around or not...
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache

Re:Is it free now?

http://www.suse.com/us/private/downl...nux/index.html

That is the url I come to when I am looking for it. It is for an FTP install..but still.....

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Re: Is it free now?

Aragorn I am using 9.1 pro at the moment to get 9.2 pro do I need the full version or will the update version suffice.

I know almost nothing about SuSE but I would assume the update would suffice. I see no reason why it wouldn't.

Aragorn

Just found out from another forum that the only difference between the full version and the update is one manual instead of two, so I have ordered the update.

How do you like SuSE? Give us a rundown of it...

Aragorn

Have only just recieved the update, I will install it at the weekend and let you know what I think as compared to 9.1 pro.

I installed it a week ago, it seems to load faster and it has Yast 2 which makes it easier to install different packages ( could this be the death of tar files ) .

If anyone new is starting out on Linux I would reccomend this distro,