Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

DI3635 Modem SuSE 8.2

Thread: DI3635 Modem SuSE 8.2

drmacklin

DI3635 Modem SuSE 8.2

i have a DI3635-1 modem and have tried to get it to work for the last 3 months. i tried to configure it with setserial, kppp always responds with Modem Not Responding/Modem Busy.

Any help would be appreciated.

drmacklin

Re:DI3635 Modem SuSE 8.2

This is a creative labs modem, but it seems like it was actually built by Broadxent. From what I can tell this is a winmodem that isn't compatible with linux. Unless I am mistaken. Is this an external modem? Pci Modem? What is the fcc id of the modem, I'll be able to find it better that way. If we can establish that it is compatible, I've dealt with modems quite a bit, so I should be able to help ya.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

drmacklin

it is a pci modem. the fccid is GX5USA-27261-PT-E.

If you are running kernel 2.4.x there is a driver here

http://tx.technion.ac.il/~raindel/

If you are running kernel 2.2.x

http://andywettstein.home.comcast.net/ess

This is the drivers you'll need depending on your kernel. Hopefully this will resolve your issues, if not give us another message and we'll see what we can do from there.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.