Thread: Enlightnment

Enlightnment

I was once the seeker and now i am the seer (or some guff like that)

I was pondering, Computers are for enjoyment. So how do we get more of it then? A bigger monitor? A better CPU? Some extra triddly hi tech thingymebob with neon?

NO?

The focus is always on bigger better performance to up the enjoyment value.
    I have come to the conclusion that i found the most significant upgrade to my system is.......My 'o too comfy leather chair!!!!
    With nice high padded arm rests to take the pressure off my shoulders and neck. With ample padding to stop the 'sore bum' syndrome torturing users who (like me) spend way too much time in front of a P.C. With a reclining feature to change positions once you feel like the last one is getting stagnant!
    Many hours have passed in that chair and not once have i felt a dead leg, sore bum or back pain or anything like that..
    Oh if i knew of the benefits earlier i would have bourght one "before" i got the computer .
    Hang the frame rates - turn the settings down - or play an older game, its not about polygons, its about how long you can enjoy it for

GET A GOOD CHAIR! - believe me you will thank yourself for it
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

Re:Enlightnment

ROFLMAO

Ok, this falls under the way way way way off topic section :P

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Actually chairs do help. It sure it nice to have a good one.
    AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.8Ghz
    1280MB PC-3200 CAS2.5 RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB AGP
    Western Digital WDC WD2500JB-00FUA0 250GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Seagate ST3200822A 200GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Western Digital WDC WD1200BB-00CAA1 120GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Western Digital WDC WD800BB-00CAA1 80GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Maxtor OneTouch 2HA43R32 1TB 7200 rpm USB 2.0
    D-Link DFE-530TX+ 10/100 NIC
    D-Link DWL-G520 Rev.A
    Debian 5.0r1 Lenny

i have a leather chair but there are 2 downfalls to them:

A. they are terrible in the hear

B. I have used mine to the point that after an hour or two, the cushion gives in and it feels like i am sitting on wood

P.S.: You fooled me with the title, i thought you were gonna say something about the WM