Thread: ATI AIW 9600 PRO no X.

ATI AIW 9600 PRO no X.

I figured it was because I did not have the ATI drivers installed so I went to get them and then it says I dont have glibc installed and a bunch of other things, which I know got installed at install time, so I dont know what slackware does with them, if anyone knows why i get this error please tell me.
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

Re:ATI AIW 9600 PRO no X.

well, the ati drivers are probably looking for glibc in the wrong place. see if you can find where it is looking and where glibc in located. I don't know if you need/have already done this, but make sure that all the devel packages are installed too. it may also be helpful to have the kernel sources installed as well

Re:ATI AIW 9600 PRO no X.

actually I got it fixed, TD was on IRC and he asked me, have you tried converting it into a slackware package? I then said OH that makes sense since I am not using a RPM based system it doesnt see the files in the RPM database. so I did that then looked in the installation tips and it was done. after you get the driver installed you run fglrxconfig, which is pretty much the same as xf86config but it has some added things to do with the videocard, so in basic terms, if you can set up X through xf86config, you can do any new ATI card easily.
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)