Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone made the transition RH9 -> Fedora?

Re:Has anyone made the transition RH9 -> Fedora?

Thank you very much for your explanation. I have left a response to the uprising that occurred here. Things can easily be taken out of context and people can get pissy. If someone is having a bad day things can be said that weren't really meant, etc etc etc. We as a whole do very much appreciate the explanation and hope to see you around here often. All of our users here(read our regulars) are very patient and understanding and know how I want this board ran. If I felt that you were inciting a flame war or anything I would have deleted your account. I don't have tolerance for RTFM or Flaming, so there ya have it. Once again, your explanation is appreciated and it is good to see someone who cares. Have a good one, and hope to see you around.

Aragorn

Quote Originally Posted by yettistinks
    To reply to all of you, who were upset by my reply...

Please, don't take it so seriously and read the cite from "Austin Powers". I did not mean to be rude and I apologize if it sounded like that. My point was that anyone can do install with format, because you lose everything anyway.

Besides it is not important for those who don't use RedHat, so it is no use to even mention, that a lot of people use other distros. I use Slackware myself in some server, but my question was addressed to these who had made the transition already (or not, but have heard about it).

For a little experience on upgrade -- read my previous one!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!
    YS

If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn
    Alastair, your always causing trouble :P.
    thats the one ;D
    People don't realize they have to learn to like you, roflmao.
    no they don't.... maybe they should start trying <- please note them... im trying to get a point across *without* flaming too much :-\
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Quote Originally Posted by yettistinks
    Well... To answewr my first question, I upgraded from RH9 to Fedora and it wprked fine. The only problem I have now is with Fedora up2date application, but who hasn't anyway...
    great!
    Are you talking about the gnome system tray icon? Its broken.. so don't bother.
    Since the whole fedora change, up2date no longer uses the rhn. instead it can plug into yum and apt repositories.
    Otherwise you can use yum or apt on their own.
    If you want to keep your system up to date, i suggest you have a look at them.
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    People don't realize they have to learn to like you, roflmao.
    no they don't.... maybe they should start trying <- please note them... im trying to get a point across *without* flaming too much :-\
    I carry a bucket of water with me at all times, you never know when you will need to soak him. : ;D ;D 8)