Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Has anyone made the transition RH9 -> Fedora?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone made the transition RH9 -> Fedora?

yettistinks

Has anyone made the transition RH9 -> Fedora?

Hi guys!
    Has anyone made the transition RH9 -> Fedora? I have RH9 with pretty well established development environment and will be pitty to lose it, but I want to transition to Fedora and I am not sure if it will scre up all my stuff...

Thanks in advance!
    Yettistinks

Re:Has anyone made the transition RH9 -> Fedora?

i switched from rh8
    I did a clean install, but you could if you want to use yum or apt and upgrade it without even needing to download the cds. this should keep most of your preferences

Alastair
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

neat
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

you could do that all the way from RH 6 if you wanted..

yep, someone did it from 6.2
    it took alot of effort though.. :P
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

yettistinks

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    yep, someone did it from 6.2
    it took alot of effort though.. :P
    :P Yeah? Very funny! You guys don't take any question seriously, are you?
    It is not useful to just write things in here. If you don't know the answer, don't make an ass out of yourself...

I mean seriously... Who throws a shoe?

Did I read this wrong, or are you having a bad day?
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache

yettistinks, Well he answered your question to what he could have. He went from RH 8 to Fedora, but he did it through a format, and it sounds to me like he was serious with the 6.2 -> Fedora, because it would take alot of effort because it would break alot of things along the way.

So my question to you is, why are you so upset? If you don't like the answer ask for a better one, but I'll tell you now, most of us don't use RH or Fedora. Babbing, and alastair are the only two I know of, and sometimes Aragorn.
    AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.8Ghz
    1280MB PC-3200 CAS2.5 RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB AGP
    Western Digital WDC WD2500JB-00FUA0 250GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Seagate ST3200822A 200GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Western Digital WDC WD1200BB-00CAA1 120GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Western Digital WDC WD800BB-00CAA1 80GB 7200 rpm ATA/133
    Maxtor OneTouch 2HA43R32 1TB 7200 rpm USB 2.0
    D-Link DFE-530TX+ 10/100 NIC
    D-Link DWL-G520 Rev.A
    Debian 5.0r1 Lenny

Not to be a complete ass, but you seem to have an attitude problem. Maybe something is going on that I am not aware of, but I feel it unnecessary to go off on someone because you don't get quite the answer you are looking for. If you don't get the answer you want, give it some time. Look elsewhere, if need be. Christ, if your environment is that important, you had better do some studying before you risk losing it...
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache

Environments are nothing, linux should be CLI, thats why redhat\fedora are bad choices, because they are based on the environment and run slow, nasty nasty thing it is, trying to be newbie friendly through gui's, if you want to learn how to switch stuff like that over, well... dont use redhat, lol. i could use my GUI from slackware over in gentoo no problem, you just gotta reuse the right files, your environment settings are actually in your /home/'user' so if you run a different /home partition you would be totally fine to move to any linux distro and well you would not have to worry about doing a format and losing your gui settings... sheesh, that was a snippy ass comment too, we are nice people, if you want us to treat you with respect, you should also do the same. you get what you give.
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)