Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedora

Fedora

Bah! Pleh! and Pffffttt.
    Had a look at fedora but everytime i installed 2 NIC's i get errors. Something about PCI errors, dirty bits and god knows what? Couldnt remedie it so installed RH 9.0 and it all worked again. Then i thourght "this is the last of a good thing" so a big up yours red hat for not releasing any more free distros or upgrades to 9.0 and blluuurrtttt! to fedora so far, so i have gone to Slack :-)

Childish but i feel better now
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

Re:Fedora

well as long has you have strayed away from the dark side and moved to the light side of knowing what you are doing. :P
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

Quote Originally Posted by friskydrifter
    Bah! Pleh! and Pffffttt.
    Had a look at fedora but everytime i installed 2 NIC's i get errors. Something about PCI errors, dirty bits and god knows what? Couldnt remedie it so installed RH 9.0 and it all worked again. Then i thourght "this is the last of a good thing" so a big up yours red hat for not releasing any more free distros or upgrades to 9.0 and blluuurrtttt! to fedora so far, so i have gone to Slack :-)

Childish but i feel better now
    they are maintaining rh9 until april to the best of my kowledge, but i do understand your frustrations with FC1

hmm,
    the folks at bugzilla.redhat.com would probally really like to hear that
    come on, i think you have to give it a better chance than that,
    otherwise i might say:
    "I tried to install slackware but i didn't know how to partition my harddrive. i went back to fedora because it has a nicer tool"
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Yes i was just frustrated at time of writing, just had to get that off my chest .
    You know ive never reported any bugs, maybe i should look into it.

i would give it a chance but its important for me to have 2 nic's working.
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

like I said, 'why should I have to piss around with a red hat based system when slackware doesnt fight and likes to work.'
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

because i can have a redhat system going in 50 minutes, when i am piss drunk, where as i would have no chance in the world of being able to do that in slack, or gentoo for that matter.

gentoo is timely, but its worth it, i can have slackware working 'how i want' way faster than i can have redhat working 'how i want', simply because everything is setup far more organized in slackware in my opinion, with the sys-v init style and such. slackware i would have to say once you set it up once and if you do things right, it will always take you about 10 mins to set it up again. or at least thats how it is with me.

You don't like the BSD style init?

oops i totally screwed that up, i meant the bsd init style, i dont like the redhat way... i find its difficult to get around and not organized at all.