Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mdk 9.2

Associate

Mdk 9.2

I installed MDK 9.2 as an upgrade on my laptop (had 9.1). Problems: Cant get into X. I checked the XF86 file and it has the correct settings. Also, the wireless wont work, even though it detects it correctly during bootup. I booted into 9.1 and while I can get into X, I cant use the wireless.

So, should I try to fix it or should I just do a clean install? It makes me very nervous to try to put it on my desktop.

If I can fix it, how do I get rid of 9.1?

thanks.

Re:Mdk 9.2

Error #1: You are using mandrake. ;D

What kind of wireless card do you have, also are you using pump or dhcp? It might be detected fine, but it could be configured wrong. Like mine tries to do pump -i eth0 when my device is actually ath0 for my wireless card.
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Associate

Still trying to get the wireless working, was fine in 9.0 and 9.1. It is a Netgear MA401.

P.S. I got into X.

P.P.S. I think at least one of the problems is that it is trying to bring up eth0 before it brings up PCMCIA....I tried to switch the order, but no luck yet.

P.P.P.S. ;D I got PCMCIA to come up first, but eth1 still wont come up :-[

Run iwconfig and see if anything pulls up?

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Associate

That is whats weird, iwconfig shows the wireless as eth1, but in the Mandrake Control Center, it seems to be eth0!

does ifconfig show it?

if not do ifconfig eth1 up
    then do
    dhcpcd eth1(I think this is right)
    or
    pump -i eth1

Also make sure you have your essid set, that was my BIG issue.

Aragorn

Associate

yes, ifconfig shows it. It wont let me run either of the commands you said.

let me check on the dhcpcd command, is ESSID set on yours?

Aragorn

Just try dhcp and if not, then go and download the pump rpm, install it,and then run how I said....that could be your problem.

Aragorn

Associate

Yes, it is set.