Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mdk 9.2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mdk 9.2

Re:Mdk 9.2

Alright, try pump then....cuz if everything is working alright there, then I think it has to be that your not getting a ip from your router.

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Associate

results of pump were "operation failed"

well shite, you did pump -i eth1?

Paste a result of ifconfig /all if you don't mind.
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Associate

ahhhhh, I think I made things worse, now ifconfig is showing an eth1:9 and an eth0:9 along with eth1, eth0 and lo. I think I have hosed this pretty good.

it goes by pretty fast, but on boot it says somethign like there is already an instance of ifplugd running when it tries to bring up eth1.

alright, how about just a copy of ifconfig
    lol, yeah you might be screwed :-\

Aragorn

Associate

well, without any networking on the laptop, I cant cut and paste...too much to type in.

Yesterday, I was able to connect with my wired ethernet, but it was weird, because in the MCC, it showed the device that had the wireless driver as being up. It tells me that it is using orinoco...I dont remember if that is correct, or it should be PRISM, and I dont see where to change it.

When I installed 9.0 and 9.1 I was able to set it up during installation. With 9.2 I tried, but it didnt work correctly.

What do you suggest...reinstalling?

By the way, thanks for your help!

the etho:9 and eth1:9 are gone now.

I hate to have you do a fresh install....on the ifconfig eth1 what does it say there, anything interesting? Any error packets?

Aragorn

Associate

eth1:

Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:09:5B:26:EB
    UP BROADCAAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:!
    Rx packets:0 errors:2 dropped:2 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:9 errors:2 drpopped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqeuelen:100
    Rx bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:2664 (2.6 kb)
    Interrupt:3 Base address:0x100

and now I have an eth1:9 again (but not an eth0:9)

When I run iwconfig, it tells my the wireless is eth1. But in MCC eth0 shows the orinoco driver and eth1 shows the 3com wired adapter ??? ??? ???

what is your eth0? do you have multiple network cards? And how about iwconfig eth1, what does that show? Sorry to keep making you type

Associate

when I try connecting to eth1 in MCC with a konsole open, everything gets an ok except bringing up interface eth1..it says kid exited-1 at /usr/lib/libDrakX/network/tools.pm line 180

Well, eth0 is the wired card (at least it should be)

Wlan eth1:

IEEE 802.11-DS ESSID "Any" Nickname "localhost"
    Mode:Managed Frequency:2.44ghz Access Point 44:44:44:44:44:44
    Bit Rate 2Mb/s TX-Power=15 dBm Sensitivity:1/3
    Retry min limit:8 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
    Encryption keyff
    Power Managementff
    Link Quality 92/92 Signal level 5/153 Noise level:107/153
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:83 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:374 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

I plug my ethernet cable in and eth0 comes up...but it says in MCC that it is using orinoco...which is the wireless card....