Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

ip info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ip info

ip info

how do i explain this-

in winders ipconfig /all

in linux ???

i dont just want the ip address given by ifconfig, but the gatewayand the DNS servers as well.

Anyone?
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

Re:ip info

ifconfig --help
    man ifconfig

these are what you need to read to find out.
    im at school now so i cant check so thats the best i can do.
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

also look in /etc/resolv.conf for your dns servers

route will tell you your gateway...
    first field is "Destination"
    second field is "Gateway"
    look for the line that has a destination of "default" and an entry other than "*" in gateway

So something like :

head /etc/resolve.conf ; route ; ifconfig

heh!

Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

ok wrote a silly script for this - made it executable and stuck it in my path.
    here it is if anyone interested?

#!/bin/bash
    echo
    echo IP Addresses
    ifconfig
    echo
    echo Default Gateway
    route | grep default
    echo
    echo "Domain Name Servers (DNS)"
    head /etc/resolv.conf | grep nameserver

Quote Originally Posted by friskydrifter
    echo Default Gateway
    route | grep default
    route -n|grep 0.0.0.0 will be quicker

Also, on my box, route lives in /sbin. which isn't in the users $PATH, so mayve /sbin/route is a safer choice
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Quote Originally Posted by Omoshiroi
    ifconfig --help
    man ifconfig
    i dont just want the ip address given by ifconfig, but the gatewayand the DNS servers as well.

mmmhuh?

i dont know too much about networking, but i thought there may be a option somewhere in there to tell you, thats why i put that. god soo critical you are.
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

I was thinking more along the lines of:
    he said "i don't want to use what ifcongif shows"
    that seemed to indicate to me that all the options for ifcongif had been looked through

Alastair

Spell Alastairs name incorrectly in irc, he loves that! hehe.
    Omo, i know what a man page is.
    'Pad yer posts here' is a better place to up your posts .

And Alastair its ifconfig not ifcongif ya picky bugger ;D

I'll prolly get shot now for being cheeky.
    Mahahaha 'evil grin'

<Frisky runs and hides quickly>