Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

IRC on X Chat

Thread: IRC on X Chat

IRC on X Chat

I was attempting to get on IRC on the advice of some folks here, and was wondering if the server was correct, or if it is down, or something...
    the server was 'abtg.homeunix.org Port 6668'

every time I enter this, it tries to connect to port 0. If I enter no port number, it goes after port 6667. I can ping abtg.homeunix.org just fine, but I can't figure out why it won't connect to the right port...
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache

Re:IRC on X Chat

on X Chat, you can do this:
    create a new server and call it "GLO" or something similar
    select it then choose "Edit mode" and you can set what port and address to connect to from there.

in the server list,
    abtg.homeunix.org/6668

or in the xchat window,
    /server abtg.homeunix.org 6668
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

yep. doesnt matter what you use, i suggest once you know how to do it manually you do it in the list, then you can make it autoload.
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

i think its more the fact that:
    /server blah.ip 1234
    not
    /server nlah.ip Port 1234
    which um, sortta doesn't work
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

yes that could be it.
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

Syn

Speaking of XChat, and so on, not on abtg, but on another net so a little off topic. ICQ's servers tried to put in a 'proxy server' I think [they called it upgrades, I called it trying to crash the net], and I found that XChat wouldn't connect unless I turned off the 'use a proxy server'. Now every other IRC server in existence that I've used has not had a problem with this setting. It still takes about 5 minutes to connect, and no other linux clients will connect that I've tried. mIRC under wine didn't have a problem at all *sighs* Any ideas what could be the culprit other than admins owned by aohell?

And yup, the default port for XChat is 6667 if left unspecified. ;P