ok yeah slackware upgrade of KDE, i want 3.1.4, for no particular reason other than i am sure it is chalked with new features from my old 3.1.0.
i am sure i should remove the old then put the new, but if i do that will i bork anything else up? if i do its not a huge deal, i actually want to do a gentoo or LFS anyways. i think i am ready for Gentoo, which is kinda sad cuz i love slackware, but i need something new, and gentoo is easily my second choice for what i would use and may become first choice, i would probably do a stage three install though. because stage one takes far too long on my processor. when i upgrade ill do stage one. here i am starting to yammer on about things that are not important. so ill just end this right now, if i follow the order of installing packages it should work right? i mean order from the kde site for if you do it from source.

i made a bash script to install for me so i dont have to try and remember which packages go in which order, i am going to pop in my slack 9 cd and remove the old packages, as well as the qt version, because i have that installing also. so yeah, if i come back and say it was successful great, if not ill probably boot into doze and burn the gentoo cd and do a third stage install.

ok it worked.