Thread: mozilla java?

mozilla java?

ok i got java working in opera, nothing else, but i want one standard browser that works good for EVERYTHING, which would be mozilla if i could get java and flash and shockwave and stuff like that working.

can anyone give me a hand and tell me where i have to put a plugin file or what i have to do for mozilla to get it working properly?
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

Re:mozilla java?

I could be wrong, but I think you can install Mozilla with java support. If not, there should be directions at the mozilla site telling where to put the plugins. Also, flash (and probably shockwave, if it's supported) come with installer scripts that should put it in the right directory for you... and you have to use the installer script unless you know how to take it apart and do it by hand. Unless it's changed, I believe the installer script is a self extracting shell archive. Again, I could be wrong, as it's been years since I installed Flash.

i didnt install mozilla slackware did. if i had more time i would probably do a gentoo install seeing as i feel i am advanced enough to use it.
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

ok now i know for sure that i installed java right, because i went to games.yahoo.com and it asked me to install it, so i told it to install the java plugin, and then it still didnt work for some reason, its messed, overall i like mozilla firebird because it does everything else just fine. just not java...

http://texturizer.net/firebird/faq.html#2.2

See if anything on that page helps. If not, maybe we can find other information.

ive read through all the plugin info, i have made a softlink to the java on my computer, it says its not there and asks for a new one, maybe i if i get rid of libnull or whatever it is that will work...
    ill try that and report back.

ok yay java fixed, i was being stupid and using the ns610 plugin, when i am using slackware which uses gcc 3 or whatever, so i needed to use the ns610gcc32 one. !slaps self for not thinking logically.

Glad you got it fixed... now enjoy your improved Mozilla experience!