Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where I can use Internet Explorer in Linux?

Where I can use Internet Explorer in Linux?

I like Internet Explorer.

Now I use SuSe adn I dont see Internet Explorer in Suse. Can I use it with Linux?

Thanks you to answer my question.

Re:Where I can use Internet Explorer in Linux?

There is a possibility: Codeweaver's Crossover Office. This is a specially patched version of winex (a software that let's you run windows binaries on a Linux system). You have to buy the Codeweaver version or you try normal wine which is available for free but probably doesn't work that well with IE.

However, don't even bother. Running binaries on their non-native platform through any sort of emulator never comes close to the performance you get when you run them on the native platform.

Check out the dozens of browsers that are available for linux natively. Mozilla, Galeon, Konqueror, Epiphany, Netscape, lynx ,.... you'll find something you like and that works for you.

If you want to use windows software, use windows.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/

MozillaFirebird is /wonderful/ you'll love it

Don't hate me for that......but I was always wondering what can make people like IE? (rethoric question)
    I

[quote author=elovkoff link=board=4;threadid=7481;start=0#msg68770 date=1059864883]
    Don't hate me for that......but I was always wondering what can make people like IE? (rethoric question)[/quote]

yeah i find it pretty bad. i use it if i'm testing some of my html and i use it if it's the only thing installed on a machine and i use it for windows update. but if i'm just to use a browser i avoid using it

Hi Kauno-Uolevi,

I'll have to agree with the others in this thread. If you want to use Windows software (in this case, IE), use it on Windows.

However, you can find a Linux browser that does *everything* IE does and even more. Like popup-blocking - many popular Linux browsers make it very easy to block those annoying popups. As you've brobably noticed, if you want to get rid of popups when using IE, you need to install additional software, which is time-consuming and confusing.

Even browser-compatibility isn't an issue these days. Most websites work just as well in other browsers.

People have already mentioned Mozilla, Galeon and Opera. I personally think all these threee browsers are very good, so I suggest you give them all a try. Believe me, you won't miss IE after you've tried these browsers. ;D

She speaketh the trutheth

I just compiled Links with graphics and javascript support. Haven't used it much yet but it seems like a very small Web browser that lets you view Web pages in both graphics mode and text. Not bad.

Don't forget Konqueror.

I rememeber when I first started using Linux the only usable browsers were Netscape and Lynx. How far we have come in a short time.

Good Guru

[quote author=cga link=board=4;threadid=7481;start=0#msg69662 date=1061900673]
    I rememeber when I first started using Linux the only usable browsers were Netscape and Lynx. How far we have come in a short time.
    [/quote]
    Absolutely. If you dont' care much and don't mind sheding out some bucks, you might like to try Opera.