Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

cant install RedHat9 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cant install RedHat9

dox

Re:cant install RedHat9

Hey friskydrifter i never said that i am pi**ed at you, and if you fealt that it was so then SORRY. I was just very fedup with my desktop computer ect. But did you meen that with the mous serious? My english is not good enough? Well there are a few other languages on earth and unfortunatly I learned an other language at school ;D !!! I still did not manage to install RedHat 9, I failed with Mandrake 9.1 and last but not least also with freeBSD 5.1! I have got alot of help in a other forum and I read alot of information on the web about installing these different operating systems and I am sure that the failing of these installations is not because of my little knowledge. My hardware is all compatible with these mentioned operation systems and i am about to give it up because it seems hopless.

A little question at that guy that was calling me a**, what did i do so bad that you insult me?

PS: Hey babbing sorry about the bad spelling and your headache!

Oops!
    Im not angry, I guess i just get defensive when you say Red Hat sucks and no one here is to help you, because both are wrong.
    Yes im serious about the mouse, anything is worth trying.
    LOL lets all have a beer!

By the way have you checked all the things people have mentioned here yet?
    Have you made any progress yet?
    Im sure we would all like to see you sucessfully install your OS.
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

dox

That about nobody here to help me and that redhat sucks just slipped out when i was angry at whatever! sorry! Well then evrything is o.k. ;D ! The mouse is recognized in the installation so It shouldn't be that but i can try! Well I was told in a other forum to reset my bios settings but to make sure it boots from cd and I did that without success, I tried all sort of installing including minimal and evrything else that is possible, i tried to delete all windows partitions, i tried to use existing freespace and it all did not work! At the point where it should install packages and/or systemfiles it seems to stop (I let it run 2 houres and nothing happend)! Usually when installing an OS you here the drive and and the cd "working" and making a little more noise then usually but it seems to me that little is happening when it should install (the are turning but seems to quiet for an installation) ! Oh and i can't reject the cd then (maybe that was made like that, i do not know)! Could the problem be because i have windows ME prebuild in the harddrive from the time i baught my pc from Acer? Its a samsung SV3002H hard drive! Can the problem possibly be because of my dvd/cd rom? Man i have seen so many nice screenshots of linux desktops and it makes me crazy that i am not getting any further! :'(

i tried to use existing freespace
    You cant use freespace - you need a partitioned drive to put the data in, maybe you know this? maybe you dont?

I can't remember if the instalation will continue without space to put it on, so im just guessing here

If you did create partitions then how did you create your partitions? Automatically or with disk druid?

Did you use the ext3 filesystem for them?

If it stops at installing the packages maybe its because theres no where to put them??
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

babbing, I think I'm getting 7337157 attitude. I guess I just hate when someone bites the hand that feeds.
    I hear you, but....you know

he was being an ass.
    when someone's being an ass, they need to be told so. perhaps this ass didn't know he was being an ass. i told him so that he might stop being an ass and by stopping being an ass perhaps get some help.
    When someone is being an ass, let them figure that out. If you would like to point it out, describe to him what he is doing and why it is wrong; otherwise ignore it. I can guarantee he will receive no help otherwise. As it is, this is what we are trying to avoid here. There have been 13 or 14 posts so far and nothing has been resolved. Lets see if he realized what he has done, and lets also try to be more eloquent and civil.

A little question at that guy that was calling me a**, what did i do so bad that you insult me?
    For the love of god, just nevermind that and lets try and solve your problem.

PS: Hey babbing sorry about the bad spelling and your headache!
    Thanks, i am not picking on you, just pointing out that it would help you get a better answer.

Ok, now lets try to get to the bottom of this

You cant use freespace - you need a partitioned drive to put the data in, maybe you know this? maybe you dont?
    I believe he means that when he was using the installer, he chose to use the existing free space, which is fine because RH makes you decide how much space and what FS you want, so he must have chosen something, and anything will work.

If it stops at installing the packages maybe its because theres no where to put them??
    Dox, remember that when you choose a size for your partition, you designate the size of it in megabytes. For a full installation of Redhat, It needs a size of 5000 megabytes, and for a minimum installation, it needs somewhere around 500.

Have you tried the media check that comes up when you boot from the redhat cds? Start by doing that. If it is just hanging on you during the installation, then that might be it.

-Babbing

dox

hello guys. i got a new hard drive and i installed mandrake 9.1. was damn easy to install and i guess the problem was my old harddrive!!! thanks alot for help guys and i guess you will see me here often from now on, with a lot of n00b questions