Hi all

Just like to share my experience with you on wireless networking. The info maybe useful to some, and useless to others. I bought a d-link DWL-900AP+ access point and a netgear MA401 wireless network card.

I've read the problems people have had including myself. I've got it working on one distro and looking to get it working on other too. I have test hardive for my dell inspiron laptop, with win98 and redhat 9.0.

Redhat detects the card, which fine, but you have to make changes in the /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts. This info can be found on the net.

Also the /etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts/ifcgf-eth0. Once changes has been made to those files. Drop the the network card ifconfig eth0 down, then bring it up again and ifconfig eth0 up, and you find the little light will have stopped flashing. Then you can start to surf the web. All i can say I've been at this for two weeks and finally got it working, through persiverance. Please note I did not use the wlan-ng drivers at all.

I hope this will be of use to someone then again it may not. But I felt I had to share this. I'll be working on mandrake distro next. I'll post in that forum when I have it done. Please also note I'm using wep and the connection is very fast with it on.

thats it folks

doggiebone

;D