Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

No init found

Thread: No init found

mugs

No init found

I have Mandrake 9.0 and I installed some packages from the CDs (I was trying to satisfy some gtk2 dependencies in order to install GAIM .63). Well, after that I could not start kpackage or XINE...so I rebooted and now it wont boot, right away after choosing Linux from LILO I get:

Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

I tried googling some, but didnt see anything I could use.

I know I made a boot floppy, but I cannot find it.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Re:No init found

Are you sure you didn't install anything important, anything related to the kernel?

anyways, check this outhttp://archives.mandrakelinux.com/co...0/msg00876.php

Google also turned up this http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/30469 :

Goodluck,

Babbing

mugs

Thanks for the tips, but I had already reinstalled from scratch after backing up my data.

lol, that'll do it. If you are keeping your /home dir on a separate partition, then you don't need to back it up, and you can keep most of your configs