Thread: New Views

Hybrid View

stodgel

New Views

I have just switched distros, from Mandrake 9.1 (which I never thought there could be one better) to SuSE 8.2. I have been reading a lot about this distro and got a chance to try it out, and I really like it a lot. Anyway, as with anything, rarely is every part of anything perfect. The way that SuSE seems to be setup is it sets itself to a resolution of 1600 x 1200. My normal resolution that I am used to is 1280 x 1024. If I change the resolution to 1280 x 1024 the icons on the desktop and in Konqueror are huge. I don't see how this release could ever be set to 800 x 600. But I am wondering if there is a way to change the size of the icons to make them smaller.

The reason I would like to do this is because at this resolution the print is just to small, on web pages and everywhere. If I could just shrink the icons, drop the resolution to 1280 x 1024, it would be perfect. I have a GeForce 3 with the latest NVidia drivers if that means anything.
    Any ideas?

Re:New Views

hmm, maybe because of the massive res the kinq icon theme is largest. (you are using konq, right?)
    try changing the icons the the control cenetr
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

stodgel

Re:New Views

Yep. That did it. Thanks. You know, I've been through that Control Center, I don't know how many times, and been right past that setting and didn't even think about it.
    Thanks again