Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Samsung ML1450 Printer and Red Hat 8

Thread: Samsung ML1450 Printer and Red Hat 8

Samsung ML1450 Printer and Red Hat 8

Just a question. Has anyone used the Samsung ML1450 Laser Printer with Red Hat 8 successfully? I tried both local and thru Samba while the printer was hooked up to my network, and neither way worked. With the local, I am supposed to run a script on the driver cd that replaces a 'printerdb' on the system with one on the cd, however, the db doesn't even exist on the system. The printer is compatible with Linux, but it appears that the scripts were written for Red Hat 6 or 7. I tried to set up the printer hoping, that Linux would support it out of the box, but when I used the printer setup tool, the printer wasn't even on the list. So, I tried using the PostScript driver, the Text only driver, and the Raw driver and all gave me the same results, both locally and through Samba.
    This is verbatim what I see when I print a test page:

%!PS-Adobe-2.0
    %%Title: testpage.fig
    %%Creator:fig2dev Version 3.2.3 Patchlevel
    %

The rest of the page prints blank, along with 5 more empty pages.
    I am relatively new to the *nix scene, and I have no idea where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 -939
    2GB Crucial DDR3200 Dual-Channel
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL
    3 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 160Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 300Gb 16Mb Cache
    1 x Maxtor MaxLine SATA 120Gb 16Mb Cache

Re:Samsung ML1450 Printer and Red Hat 8

Also, here is the script that starts the install. Take a look and compare it to another RH 8 system. Maybe my distro is incomplete or something...

#! /bin/sh
    ## for SAMSUNG Printer

if [ -f /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/printerdb.sec ];
    then
    echo already installed!!
    else
    echo add SAMSUNG Printer!!

cp /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/printerdb /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/printerdb.old

cat /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/printerdb.old > /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/printerdb

cat ssprt.db >> /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/printerdb

cp /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/printerdb /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/printerdb.sec

fi
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL

http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer...i?make=Samsung

Doesn't show your printer as even existing, you may have issues getting that going. You could try using some of the other drivers for samsungs, maybe one would partially work?

Yeah, it (the driver list) stops at a model in the 1200 series. I read about a compatible printer driver somewhere.... I have just read so much about it, I can't remember for the life of me, where it was.
    Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
    ATi AiW 9800 Pro 128DDR
    Audigy2 ZS
    Sony DRU-810 DVD+RW DL

lol, i hear yah, i have about 14 tabs open in mozilla right now

jimmy

Try the ML 6000 driver using the CUPS printer config tool.
    This works for me under Redhat 9.

jimmy

There you have it, duh, i should have thought of that....