Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Icons MDK 9.1

Thread: Icons MDK 9.1

stodgel

Icons MDK 9.1

Does anyone know how the setting can be accessed that you see when you first install MDK 9.1 w/KDE? Before the desktop even shows up it asks you to pick which one of the different looks you want to use. For example: in Konqueror all of the icons across the top are all individual squares, and I know that it doesn't have to look that way. There has to be a way to change that, but I can't find it anywhere. I've looked all through the KDE Control Panel several times and nothing.

Re:Icons MDK 9.1

You can click on the little KDE gear that brings up the KDE menu, then look in the system tool/utilities/settings (i forget which it is under) for something called "desktop wizard" or KDE setup wizard. That is what you are look for. 8)

Goodluck,

Babbing

stodgel

I know what you are talking about. I've been all through that and can't find anything there at all. Is there a way to run the same thing that runs when KDE is first installed and gives you the option to pick which look you want and which desktop manager? That's where it is. All of the screenshots I see of KDE looks the way that I'm looking for, and I had it before on prior distributions.

oppsie, sorry, i was at work when writing this and couldn't remember the exact place. try going here:

K menu -> Preferences -> Desktop Settings Wizard

That is where it is for me, on KDE 3.1

also, the command that is issued when i click on that button is:

kpersonalizer -caption "%c" %i %m

Hope that clears that up,

Goodluck,

Babbing

you could also try adjusting the settings in the control center -> look and feel

stodgel

I have thoroughly checked the control center about five times and nothing. As far as the other thing you were talking about, I don't see anything like that. I have looked all through the K menu and There are no wizards at all.

Well, i am pretty sure that it is included with your KDE installation, Have you tried issuing the command that i pasted above? I think that maybe Mandrake edited the menu so that it doesn't show up, who knows, i have tried mandrake...