Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SB Audigy Gamer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB Audigy Gamer

teknik0s

SB Audigy Gamer

Ok we tried getting the AC'97 to work and that failed it seems, but perhaps i should of done a *few* more things. So i went out and bought the SB Live! 5.1 and it worked right away.

But now.. my friend is on linux and he has the Audigy Gamer w/ firewire or whatever. It's the older one, the new ones have an Audigy2 chipset i believe, his still sports the basic Audigy. I couldnt find any drivers for it in the kernel, but i remember something about it saying Open Source Drivers.. so i downloaded emu-tools and emu-10k1-(whatever) .. they were supposed to support that audigy.. but after i ran emu-config i guess it says /dev/mixer not found. Before i attempt to get sound working do i need to make these devices? /dev/mixer, /dev/dsp ?? and so on. Or should i just try and use ALSA (ewww, sounds hard)

Also need help off-topic... KDE wont let me mount a floppy. but i already did chmod +s /sbin/mount, and chmod +s /dev/fd0 .. doing this worked for my cdrom..

also need to burn an iso and need to know the generic format for mkisofs..
    mkisofs -v -12 filename.iso ?? something like that.. the man for that is just HUGE and i didnt wanna have to read threw it all right now...

- JaReD

Re:SB Audigy Gamer

I couldnt find any drivers for it in the kernel, but i remember something about it saying Open Source Drivers.. so i downloaded emu-tools and emu-10k1-(whatever) .. they were supposed to support that audigy.. but after i ran emu-config i guess it says /dev/mixer not found. Before i attempt to get sound working do i need to make these devices? /dev/mixer, /dev/dsp ?? and so on.
    if i remember correctly, check and see what is in /dev/sound. You might find a dsp in there, even a dspW. Also, when i set this up in gentoo, i remember the emu10k1 drivers setting up there own dev node. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully.

About your off-topic question, i have never looked before, but is mount really in /sbin? if it is, then can you post the output of:

ls -l /sbin/mount

Thanks,

Babbing

teknik0s

ls -l /sbin/mount
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Mar 20 13:19 /sbin/mount -> /bin/mount*

theres that.. and i wil try following the instructions MORE indepth ..

lol, i wasn't pickin' on you, i jsut remember when i was doing it that i missed a step that was important, and it took me a while longer to get it right.

btw, sorry i am not more in depth at the moment, i am @ work. it would be easier if i could unpack the tarball and retrace my steps for you. btw, didn't Aragorn post an OMP on this subject on the front page?

do you want to burn a iso, or rip a cd to iso?

about the mount,
    it will have something to do with /etc/fstab
    make sure the line with the floppy has 'users' in it.
    if you are unsure where to add it, just post the file and we will see what we can do
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

teknik0s

burn an iso.. CD Bake Oven or w/e its called doesnt do it very well.. they all messed up when i was installing with them. so ill try the command line way.

Also... i got his sound working ALSA.. wooo. But im kinda confused on how to make it start up on boot. The whole /etc/modules.conf thing threw me off a lil.. maybe cause it was 2 in the moring.. Also it doesnt save the sound settings when u reboot.. u have to redo "alsamixer" and set the volumes again. Just wondering if anyone knew how to do that.

on another note... Ill try adding myself to the fstab

teknik0s

/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,user 0 0

in /etc/fstab
    to make it worked i changed "owner" to user.. but now when trys to mount it cant find the correct filesystem type.. but it obviously says auto.. or is that something else ???

about the cd writing, this will work (as root):
    cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,0 file.iso
    pretty easy to understand, you can get the dev line with cdrecord --scanbus

about the mounting... my line is this:
    /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
    this is for redhat, it should work fine....
    where are you trying to open it? did you make a mount point on the desktop or is it in konq?
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

teknik0s

floppy line wont work as a normal user if its set to "owner" is what i understand.. unless redhad has some special permissions on floppy.. i wish i knew what .. because the line u posted did the same as before....

KDE
    Could not mount device.
    The reported error was:
    mount: only root can mount /dev/fd0 on /mnt/floppy

are you root? this is my line:

/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

just like alastairs. but...

[greg@Doc_Holiday greg]$ ls -l /dev/fd0
    brw-rw---- 1 greg floppy 2, 0 Aug 30 2002 /dev/fd0

Set your perms accordingly