Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Database client - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Database client

doggiebone

Re:Database client

If I type: isql MySQL-test -v I get a screen back from mysql saying everything is fine. When I exit mysql. That is the error I get. i do not have the fainstest idea what it means. Hopeing someone might know.

isql: relocation error: /usr/lib/libmyodbc.so: undefined symbol: _init_dynamic_a rray

hmmm.....
    maybe something isn't loaded up?
    opdbc something../..... is it installed?
    does a google show up anything?
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

doggiebone

this error only appears when I type "isql MySQL-test -v" and then exit the program. The issue I have is when I try to create a table in MySQL through Open office it crashes. Hmmm something up. Not sure though.

whats isql?

doggiebone

isql is related to unixODBC and integrates Openoffice and Mysql. Its kinda frustratating so I'm gonna go to my local linux group that I've not been to for six months )

doggiebone

Hi Guys

I'm making progress with mysql I chosen to use the mycc which is gui. Does any one have much knowledge using the mycc (mysql control centre) I'm at the stage of inserting data.

If I'm going to connect to my mysql server from a client machine on my LAN can I do http://192.168.0.1:3306 from my browser?

any advice much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebone
    I'm making progress with mysql I chosen to use the mycc which is gui. Does any one have much knowledge using the mycc (mysql control centre) I'm at the stage of inserting data.
    have you made a database/table yet?

If I'm going to connect to my mysql server from a client machine on my LAN can I do http://192.168.0.1:3306 from my browser?
    hmm, through mycc?

doggiebone

Hi Alastair

Alastair;
    >have you made a database/table yet?

Yes the datatbase is created with tables. I need to input data however I'm not sure of the easiest method.

Alastair:
    >hmm, through mycc?

No I was looking to connect to my (desktop) Mysql server via my laptop. I had thought connecting through my browser, http://192.168.0.18:3306 however I'm not sure if this would work. Secondly if I'm querying the database would I have to do it from command line? What are the alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebone
    Yes the datatbase is created with tables. I need to input data however I'm not sure of the easiest method.
    in mycc, you can double click on the table to open it up, then add new rows with <crtl>-i
    as i said before, i use phpMyAdmin, which is web-based and needs apache set up.

No I was looking to connect to my (desktop) Mysql server via my laptop. I had thought connecting through my browser, http://192.168.0.18:3306 however I'm not sure if this would work.
    you're right, this won't work.
    some options are:
    -use mycc on the laptop, but connect to the desktop's ip/hostname instead of localhost
    -use phpMyAdmin set up on the desktop and work on it through a browser on the laptop
    -use command line mysql, and either ssh intot he desktop, or tell mysql on the laptop to connect to the server on the dekstop

Secondly if I'm querying the database would I have to do it from command line? What are the alternatives?
    querry to what?
    it looks like mycc can do everything the command line can do, but graphically
    you can use the command line, phpMyAdmin also lets you run your own commands.
    it all boils down to what you want to use it for and how you want the info displayed....

Alastair

doggiebone

Hi Alastair

querry to what?
    it looks like mycc can do everything the command line can do, but graphically
    you can use the command line, phpMyAdmin also lets you run your own commands.
    it all boils down to what you want to use it for and how you want the info displayed....
    Alastair

I should have been more specific I meant to say interrogate datebase for information. The purpose of the database is for my personal use ie, I do alot of pc repairs and setup lans for friends and small business. i need to keep a track of the work I do upgrades etc. I thought by having a database it would make like easier.

What I'll do is go away for a week and play around with mycc. Any queries I may have I'll post here. I am thinking of phpmyadmin but I don't really want to get over my head. I just want to keep it simple.

thanks for you help. ;D