Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Database client
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Database client

doggiebone

Database client

Hi Guys

is there simple Database I can use outhere? I was kinda supprised not to see one packaged with open office. I need the database to keep a track of work I do for customers when I do PC upgrades/repairs etc.

I've tried setting up mysql but its hard work so I'm looking for something simple.

Re:Database client

OOo can interface with MySql, it is really powerfull in that regard.
    when i get home i can post a link to a tutorial for you if you want.
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

doggiebone

That would be great if you could. Much appreciated ;D

gosh i have alot of bookmarks...
    finally found it...
    http://openoffice.homelinux.org/index.php?s=38
    just grab that file and follow the instructions.

doggiebone

Hi Alastair

I kow that feeling of over whelmng bookmarks ;D

have you tried it yet?

doggiebone

I'll be doing it tonite on my night, I got 12 hours to kill with no interuptions ;D

doggiebone

ok I got my openffice and mysql working together, the problem I have is when I create table in open office it crashes out to the desktop, just when I thought I was making good head way. Hmmmmmmmm

Any clues or could it be a corrupt library?

doh :-\i never actually got it working, but i did come across something last night which you might like.
    http://www.gnome-db.org/

i mainly use phpMyAdmin
    http://phpmyadmin.net/
    which is a web based mysql tool. its good for me because i do mostly php/database stuff.

doggiebone

If I try to use the test account it crashes so I've used the bibliography account which I'l enter into the mysql at some point. It works but occasionaly you get library errors coming up. I'll try it out on my laptop as I'm got it on my desktop at the moment.