Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Redhat taking over?

Thread: Redhat taking over?

mart_man00

Redhat taking over?

ive been a redhat fan since about 6.2, and now i finally got around to 8.0. it looks like redhat took over gnome and kde and stuck them together, what going on? can i disable this (windows-like) "feature"

Re:Redhat taking over?

this seems to be the thing that most people seem to pick at about psyche.
    i don't use kde, haven't since 3.0 so i can't comment on the bluecurve theme for it, but i absolutley _love_ the gtk2 one. its flat, boring and not like windows.( im not really a frilly person ;D ;D )
    its super easy to change the theme... you er.... changee the theme... :-\ :-\ :-\

any why is it windows like? it is _really_ handy for newbies, and more advanced people don't have to use it.
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

mart_man00

i think its windows like becuase its bloated crap that gives you no choice, something i can see m$ doing.

and about the more advanced people dont have to use, im attempting to do more than programming and networking with linux, id like a linux desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by mart_man00
    i think its windows like becuase its bloated crap that gives you no choice, something i can see m$ doing.
    bloated?
    fine then choose deb, gentoo, the other options are endless. rh just has a _massive_ selection of software.
    where does it give you no choice? i chose not to use kde or gnome and i don't. oh no! i made a choice.
    im running non rh version of X, mozilla, and a whole pile of new apps which i compiled from source, my choice.
    it didn't stop me......

and about the more advanced people dont have to use, im attempting to do more than programming and networking with linux, id like a linux desktop.
    and.... i do webdesign, with apache, mysql and php and i still use a desktop. you can change _anything_ and if you don't like it, use something else.
    as is the power of linux ;D ;D ;D
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

I agree with bluecurve being a bit annoying - i really liked the RH distros until 8.0

but now im checking out Slack and 'drake.
    RH should bugger off if they are gonna make you conform

Ahhhh! gotta love choices
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

blue curve does not combine kde and gnome. it may look like it does, but it does what every other theme out there does, adds a theme to your desktop