Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Important gentoo updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Important gentoo updates

Important gentoo updates

portage, rsync, and gentoolkit has been updated, also read the following note:

* NOTICE: PLEASE update your make.globals. All user changes to variables
    * in make.globals should be placed in make.conf. DO NOT MODIFY make.globals.

* NOTICE: The wheel group requirement for non-root users has been changed to
    * group portage. Group portage must be a valid group for user to use portage.

* Feature additions are noted in help and make.conf descriptions. Update
    * them using 'etc-update' please. Maintaining current configs for portage
    * and other system packages is fairly important for the continued health
    * of your system.

* A worldfile rebuilding script is available to regenerate entries that
    * should be in your worldfile but were removed by a recently discovered
    * '-e bug' or if you deleted it: run 'regenworld' as root.

* The 2.0.47 line of portages contains an optional userpriv mode that
    * enables portage to drop root privleges and run as a normal user. It is
    * enabled via FEATURES by adding userpriv.

* Please 'emerge sync' after merging portage to update some permissions.

Re:Important gentoo updates

Argh, still no X ebuild

x 4.3 is masked
    you can either emerge /usr/portage/.../xfree-4.3...ebuild directly, or:
    ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge xfree
    if you use -u it will use the accept_keywords in everything and upgrade all software to the masked versions (i did this and now have bleeding edge glibc, binutils and the like )
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

The newest gentoo is out, everyone on yer horses! :P

wooo!

hmmm, now that X 4.3 is unmasked it might work better on my computer...... might see when i get home.....

lets hope so

hmm, apparently it isn't.
    after an emerge sync it still showed 4.2.x as the latest version......

say, do you know if there is a difference between rc3 and rc4, or if i can just get all the updates done to rc3 and be on my way?

i think you can update rc3 to rc4.....
    just get whatever main packages rc4 comes with.... gcc, glibc etc i guess....