Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

My Apologies

Thread: My Apologies

My Apologies

To everyone but especially a few people,

I wanted to express my apologies to everyone that visits the board. Since about March of 2002 I neglected GLO and pretty much dumped the burden of the site on JimH, Spot, and eventually Babbing and Alastair's lap. As well as I let the site just fall apart in many ways. I come to this realization almost a year later, but in my defense my life has been very unstable for the last year. As some of you know I ended things with my fiancee last year around March and moved back home with my family. As even fewer of you know my relationship with my father is not the greatest. So there was moving involved, many changes of job as the market is crap in TN right now for employment, and a few deaths in the family. Thus I put GLO on the back burner or off the burner entirely maybe. Some of you know that I was thinking of closing GLO, I kept it open because of how great you guys are. I wanted to make this apology mainly to let you know that I am going to do my best to give GLO 110%....I don't gaurantee that everything will be updated daily, I can't possibly do this by myself right now. Since I am starting almost completely over with the site it will also be a bit before everything is up to even where it was at at one time. I want to express my sincerest apology to the above four mentioned though. Spot, JimH, Alastair, and Babbing have been some of my most committed members. I don't even imagine Spot will even see this, but if some of you keep in contact with him I would appreciate it if you passed it on. I really burned these four, and for that I am very sorry. I dumped the responsibility of the site on them, and many times I am sure I neglected their requests. For this I have no defense. I hope to see them all again around the board, and I hope to deliver this apology over irc or something of the sort soon, but to all of you I am sorry. I hope that you will forgive and move on and help me and everyone here make GLO one of the best Linux support sites on the net.

Thank you,
    Josh AKA Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

mugs

Re:My Apologies

Hey Aragorn, I greatly appreciate this site and all the hard work you have put into it. I can completely understand life getting in the way of things (my son died in 2001) and you dont have to apologize. We should all be very grateful that the site exists and that you have gotten it back up. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Re:My Apologies