Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

php / sql red hat- help please

Thread: php / sql red hat- help please

flandercan

php / sql red hat- help please

Hi,

I have installed red hat 8.0 with apache and sql server , i have installed all components apache works fine and sql works fine, however if i create a php page and ref the sql using mysql_connect() the page errors saying that its doesnt understand the command in fact it errors on any of the mysql commands. I have installed everything on the cd for apache and sql,,,

please help, where an i going wrong????

thanks
    Paul

Re:php / sql red hat- help please

make sure php-mysql is installed
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

Did that do it?

flandercan

Sorry, been away for a while, yes it did work, for som reason i could not find the package in the packages section in gnome, but if i boot from the cd and select upgrade all the packages i needed where there. Once i had added the sql php part it all worked fine.

thanks for your help

paul

you could have just cd'd into the cd and run rpm -ivh <package name>
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??