Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Linux installed on 4th try

Thread: Linux installed on 4th try

Salil

Linux installed on 4th try

Hello friends,
    I installed linux first and it worked completely and then crashed while doing the post install configuration. Gave a debug message and I saved it to floppy but apparently the save didn't happen. Then I tried to install it again and this time if failed while on find-util-(some verion) the find and xargs files. ONce again in the next installation it failed at the same place. 4th time I installed in text mode and it worked. However after starting it crashed when I ran a command in a terminal. Please tell me what would be the possible causes of these errors. Do I have to set the harddisk type to 'LBA' or something for the installation to work. icon_frown.gif Can someone please tell me which log files should I check to find out what is happening. Or is there some way to debug to understand what is happening.

x0xCRIZx0x

Re:Linux installed on 4th try

What distribution did you install? Perhaps someone that has experience with it can help you.

Salil

Re:Linux installed on 4th try

I installed Redhat 8.0 and after that it crashed. So I gave up and installed 7.3 and now its working fine. Thanks