Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

X is automatically killed for user or root login

Thread: X is automatically killed for user or root login

Hybrid View

Sathya

X is automatically killed for user or root login

hi all,
    X is automatically killed for root or any user login.I'm using Redhat 8.0,Xfree86-4.2.0.Can anyone help me?Do i need to upgrade XFree86??And one more thing I get "Dropin's Boot time command" whenever I boot linux ..
    How can i overcome this?

Thanx for the Help
    Sathya ???

Re:X is automatically killed for user or root login

X can always be restarted by using the command 'startx'. I think that you are in run level 3, which is why X doesn't automatically start. If you are then you are better off like that.if you do not like this, then you can switch to run level 5. you can change this using the chkconfig command, or by manually editing the config file which slips my mind at the moment (i will find it). I also know that if you are running KDE, then click the gear, then system settings, then services, and edit the run level there.

Goodluck,

Babbing

Re:X is automatically killed for user or root login