Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Can't find a way to create a boot floppy in Red Hat 8.0

Thread: Can't find a way to create a boot floppy in Red Hat 8.0

shahan01

Can't find a way to create a boot floppy in Red Hat 8.0

Hi !
    I am a Linux Newbie and just shifting to Linux from Windozz
    The problem i have is at the installation time i could not create a boot floppy and thought i might do so after installation. But can't seem to find the option where to install it from. ??? I had no such problems in Red Hat 7.2 but here i just can't help my self. :-[ . One more favour i would like ask is Plzzz tell me me where to my find all the drivers as in windows.
    Looking forward for anybody's reply especially the Linux Gurus here. and by the this site and forums specially are a good source of information.

JimH

Re:Can't find a way to create a boot floppy in Red Hat 8.0

You actually don't need a boot disk. As long as you have CD 1 you can use it as a rescue disk for emergencies.

To create a floppy boot disk....

mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd0 <kernel-version>

If the kernel image is too large for a floppy you can make a bootable cd...

mkbootdisk --iso --device <output-iso-name> <kernel-version>

One more favour i would like ask is Plzzz tell me me where to my find all the drivers as in windows.
    Linux doesnt have drives as in C: or D: or whatever.

You can think of the root directory ( / ) as the C: drive if u want?
    Its better to regret something you have done than to regret something you havent done :P

Most of the drivers you will deal with in linux are in a 'module' form. They can be found throughout the /usr/lib and /lib/modules directories. You can also look directly to your installation disks for them.