Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

konsole super user mode

Thread: konsole super user mode

Hybrid View

kawipoo

konsole super user mode

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with redhat 8.0?
    When I use the konsole -superuser, found in the extra menu >system tools, I get the terminal screen asking for the root password. When I put in the password it brings up the root terminal.
    I am unable to use quit or stop session to close down the terminal. I must go to the drop down menu and kill terminal operations.
    Is this the way it is designed? Is it a bug in the system or is it a problem with my particular computer?

Re:konsole super user mode

what happens when you type exit or use the ctrl-d combination
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

kawipoo

Quote Originally Posted by alastair
    what happens when you type exit or use the ctrl-d combination
    The exit and ctrl-d work but why can't I close it by just closing the session or clicking on the upper right hand x ? Is this by design? The close session works when I'm not a super user.

it probally is by design. i don't actaully use kde or have it installed, so i can't check it for myself. can anyone else confirm this?
    whatdoyougetwhenyoumultiplysixbynine??

JimH

AFAIK it should close when clicking the "x". I don't have KDE installed either, so I can't try it.

This sounds like a bug to me. Have you installed all of the errata updates? There was a large KDE update recently.